Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Happy face

I'm determined to write happy-ish things today.

I wrote a few days ago about not being able to communicate with my greater in-laws the importance of taking this postdoc position even though it didn't solve our 2-body problem. When my mother in-law called me a few days ago, and I told her that I had officially accepted, she gave me a whole hearted congradulations, and the wishes that the position will be everything I hope it will. It was nice.

Vi Hart has a series that thrills my inner botanist. She is such an awesome communicator. Stay tuned for part 3.

I've called in the reserves, and have a long list of friends and family staying with me during my partner's absense. First up, a friend from GradSchool City who I haven't seen in 2 years. Last we talked about kids (when I was pregnant) she was pretty sure she didn't want them for then next long while. I'm curious what her visit with me will do to her opinion.

The really nice thing about having accepted this post doc is that I can look at these next few weeks and know that this distance is only very temporary. I'm not going to be in another situation like this next year. That makes this upcoming 3 months more tolerable.

I have a nice dinner planned with our neighbors and their twin toddlers tonight. I hope this means that Epsilon won't realize what hit him until tomorrow morning, at which point, he may be able to skype with his father.

Hm... maybe that wasn't purely happy-ish. I'll stop with something sappy while I'm ahead.


No comments:

Post a Comment