Thursday, January 26, 2012

Well wishes for another 2 body problem

I just heard that the wife of a friend of mine got 3 flyouts for TT positions, all occurring in the next few weeks. All but one occurring in towns without easy plane connections from his current city. He's a postdoc with a year remaining. They have a toddler. There's a part of me that wants to shout well wishes to her from the rooftops (or at least this in this blog).

GOOD LUCK DIANA!

The rest of me knows what their road ahead will look like, and I fear for their little family. I haven't asked them how they plan on managing. I think I'll keep that question for after they hear back from these interviews. At any rate, I know in my brain that having an offer is better than having none. I just wish my heart knew the same.

1 comment:

  1. Best of luck to them from (yet) another 2-body+toddler problem!

    ReplyDelete